In 2015, the IEEE ComSoc Young Professionals Committee established the
IEEE ComSoc Best YP Award. There are two categories of this award:
Read more about the award below.
The purpose of the IEEE ComSoc Best YP Award is two-fold:
- To acknowledge and promote the remarkable achievements of Young
Professionals in Academia and Industry;
- To encourage participation of YPs in IEEE, ComSoc and the IEEE Young
Nominations for IEEE ComSoc Best YP 2021 Awards are now open now till 1 September 2021.
Check here for other IEEE ComSoc Awards.
Additional YP Awards
|Title of Award|
|The IEEE Communications Society Young Author Best Paper Award|
|IEEE ComSoc Young Researcher Award for the Europe, Middle East, and Africa Region|
|Latin America Region Young Professional Award|
|Asia/Pacific Young Researcher Award|
|N2 Women Young Researcher Fellowship awards|
|Wireless Communications Technical Committee Outstanding Young Researcher Award|
|Communication Theory Technical Committee Early Achievement Award|
|MGA YOUNG PROFESSIONALS ACHIEVEMENT AWARD|
|IEEE Theodore W. Hissey Outstanding Young Professional Award|
Congratulations to our Winners!!
Other ComSoc YP Awards
- Dr. Neetesh Saxena, recipient of the IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Best Paper Award in recognition of his technical paper titled:“Secure and Privacy-Preserving Concentration of Metering Data in AMI Networks”
(given at ICC’17) – interview with Neetesh can be accessed here
- Dr. Josep Miquel Jornet, recipient of the IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Best Innovation Award in recognition of his innovative application of Nano-biosensors to Health Monitoring and Diagnosis “Smart Health Monitoring and Diagnosis System based on Wearable Nano-biosensing Networks”
(given at ICC’17) – interview with Josep can be accessed here
- Shreyasee Mukherjee, recipient of the IEEE ComSoc YPs and WICE Best Abstract Presentation Award (given at ICC’17) – interview with Shreyasee can be accessed here
- Dr. Ahmed Bader from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology has been awarded the IEEE ComSoc YPs Best Innovation Award in recognition of his innovative mobile ad-hoc network design, development and commercialisation (given at WCNC’17)
- Dr. Kazuki Komatsu from Toyohashi University of Technology has been awarded the IEEE ComSoc YPs Best Paper Award in recognition of his technical paper: ”Frequency-Domain Hammerstein Self-Interference Canceller for In-Band Full-Duplex OFDM Systems” (given at WCNC’17)
- Guocheng Liao and Xu Chen has been awarded the IEEE ComSoc YP Best Paper Award in recognition of their technical paper titled: ”Optimal Privacy-Preserving Data Collection: A Prospect Theory Perspective” (given at GLOBECOM’17)
IEEE ComSoc Best YP Award
The IEEE ComSoc Young Professionals Standing Committee has established the annual IEEE ComSoc Best Young Professional (YP) Award, one for each of the following areas: a) Academia; b) Industry. The purpose of the IEEE ComSoc Best YP Career Awards is twofold:
- To acknowledge and promote worldwide the outstanding achievements of Young Professionals (YPs) to the communications field in Academia and Industry;
- To encourage effective participation of YPs in IEEE, ComSoc and the IEEE Young Professionals community.
Rules & Eligibility
Both Self and non-self Nominations are allowed.
In order to be eligible for any of the two ComSoc YP awards, the candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Nominees must be YPs, i.e., the nominees must have received their first post-secondary degree (e.g. Bachelor’s level or an associate degree) within the past 15 years, relative to the nomination deadline. If this criterion is not met, the nominee must have “opted-in” to the IEEE Young Professional membership.
- Nominees are required to be members of IEEE ComSoc.
- Nominees from any country are eligible.
- Previous recipients of the IEEE ComSoc Best YP Awards are not eligible.
- The awards must be received by the winners in person at GLOBECOM 2020. No award will be made in absentia, except under extraordinary circumstances, as determined by the IEEE ComSoc YP Award Selection Committee.
- Nominees can apply for only one IEEE ComSoc Best YP Award (i.e. in Academia, or Industry). Applications for different awards by the same nominee will be rejected.
- According to the selected award, the nominees must meet additional criteria, as specified in the following:
Academia – Rules & Eligibility
- Nominee for the IEEE ComSoc Best YP in Academia Award must be a young scientist or engineer who is currently working for academia at any level (Ph.D. student, PostDoc fellow, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Full Professor) and who has made outstanding accomplishments in the communications field. Priority will be given to nominees that prove outstanding contributions within the IEEE ComSoc’s field of interest.
Industry – Rules & Eligibility
- Nominee for the IEEE ComSoc Best YP in Industry Award must be a YP who is currently working for a company and who has demonstrated significant contributions to the industry in terms of innovative research and/or development of concepts, frameworks, products, services, standards in the communications field. Priority will be given to nominees that prove outstanding contributions within the IEEE ComSoc’s field of interest.
- submit the form, by 30 September, 2020 via https://yp.comsoc.org/nominate
Results and Awards
The IEEE ComSoc Best YP Award recipients will be awarded during the ComSoc Young Professionals Event at GLOBECOM 2020, in Taipei, Taiwan.
The winners will each receive a plaque, certificate and complementary registration to the ComSoc YP Event. (Transportation and accommodation are excluded.) The winners would be featured also on ComSoc YP website and social media outlets (i.e. Facebook and Twitter). In particular, they will have the chance to be interviewed about their results and achievements and these interviews will be published on the ComSoc YP website and social media.